Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chef Magnus Zimmerman

Taking a little bit of time away from the conversion, I get to play in a play-by-post Fate AE game.  The story is zombie apocalypse set on a cruise ship.

Once I am able to get some more conversion time in, I'm going to change the magic system, just not happy with the first draft.

Here is the character that I created, Chef Magnus Zimmerman.

""I don't play baseball, but I hit a homerun everywhere!""
APPEARANCE

Magnus is physically striking. He is tall, bald, and in pretty good shape. He has strong arms, and a sharp wit. Women want him and men want to be him.

PERSONALITY

Chef is arrogant, but rightfully so, he is an exceptionally talented cook and very good looking with a exceptional charm, especially with the ladies. Unfortunately, he knows all of this, and can come across a little over-bearing. Most of this charm and confidence is a mask covering a pretty troubled guy. For reasons unknown Magnus has severe insomnia, and a mild drinking problem. Almost no one knows of these troubles, Magnus is quite good at hiding his flaws.

BACKGROUND

Magnus was born to cook, and cook he has. He has been trained and worked for some of the best chefs in the world. He has put himself in the cruise ship business, it's a perfect cover for his troubles and keeps people from getting too close to him. If half of the husbands who have taken a cruise knew what Magnus has done with their wives, he'd certainly be dead.



STATS
High Concept: The most charming chef sailing the seven seas!

Trouble: I don't have 'platonic friendships' with women - Magnus is a womanizer, a sucker for a skirt

"You call that a knife? THIS is a knife". - Chef Mag is renowned for using big blades for small precise cuts
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food" - Unfortunately he drinks. Frequently.
"Sleep is a luxury that I can't afford" - Chef Mag has severe insomnia, he rarely sleeps, especially alone
Approaches: Careful +0, Clever +1, Flashy + 2, Forceful + 1, Quick +0, Sneaky +0
Traits: Charismatic +2, Dextrous +0, Intelligent +0, Robust +1, Spirited +0, Strong +1

"Bigger is Better": Because I have practice and renown with big blades, I get a +2 to attack when I am Flashy Strong and wielding a blade cleaver size or larger.
"Its where my demons hide": Because I have extensive practice hiding things (alcoholism/insomnia/flasks) from people around me,when I'm Flashily Charismatic I get a +2 to hide things on my person, if my personality could create a distraction.
"Here try this...": Because I am the best chef sailing the seas, once per session I may spend a fate point to create a food/drink that can cure [2] mental stress.
Physical Stress: [1] [2] [3]
Mental Stress: [1] [2]

Consequences

Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

No comments:

Post a Comment